Welcome
Welcome to vistafirewallcontrol

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Agents are not Working as documented

Agents are not Working as documented

Postby caduceus26 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:24 pm

Purchased the WxFC w/10 Agents package on Feb 26, 2016 17:15:30.

First Attempt to deploy the Agent remotely to a remote PC and kept getting 'Can't connect" despite entering the sign-on credentials correctly and verifying that I could ping the computer. So, I turned off Windows Firewall and installed the Agent manually on the remote and am now unable to ping the machine, nor am I able to control the WxFC from the control desktop.The remote PC is no longer responding to PING as the workstation no longer has Internet access (I have verified the network card is working and my router has not been changed since installing the Agent). Uninstalling the Agent restored Internet access.

Second attempt after carefully reading the online manual on Agent
This time I made sure the WindowsFirewall was turned off and the Windows Firewall service was stopped. I installed the Agent and edited the Agent tab for the desktop -->Result Field=Enabled. The message displayed on the controlling PC is "The host unavailable/rebooting/switched off (host ping fails)".

After verifying that the remote computer could ping the router and other computers on the LAN, and that the Windows10Firewall Agent was running in the task list, I went back to the control computer and again verified that the credentials for the remote computer are correct. It is still reverting to (PowerDown) and "Can't Connect" state--and I cannot ping the remote computer although it can ping the control computer (incoming ICMP blocked on remote). Also, no Internet access.

So bottom line is that the Windows10Firewall Control Agent is running but I cannot access or maintain it remotely in this second attempt. Overall, the attempt to install the Agent on any of my remote workstations has not worked. I can see five (5) machines under the Agent tab/Agent name column. However, I can only install manually but I haven't been able to get a single one to work.

Attached are screenshots of what I am seeing on my main workstation (where the remote computer should be available to control the installed Agent(s)).

What's the issue?
Attachments
Agent Problems.zip
2nd attempt to install Agent
(28.38 KiB) Downloaded 32 times
WxFC Agent Problem.zip
First attempt to install Agent
(33.24 KiB) Downloaded 26 times
caduceus26

Re: Agents are not Working as documented

Postby VistaFirewallControl » Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:33 pm

Please configure agents properly.
On the screenshost the agent was set with a name only.
As no IP address or a hostname was specified, WxFC just can’t find the remote computer to install agent, to connect and to operate with at all
VistaFirewallControl
Site Admin

Return to Remote/Network/Cloud protection