Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:57 pm
VistaFirewallControl wrote:What is the software created the ramdisk? The ramdisk software was updated recently?
What is the OS version?
VistaFirewallControl wrote:W10FC v8.1 64 bit Free/German Edition. Correct?
VistaFirewallControl wrote:Actually there were no any changes in the programs detection since v6....
We have just tried to reproduce the problem on the "normal" temp folder. Everything worked correctly.
We would like to reproduce with the ramdisk though.
The temp folder was reassigned by TEMP variable of the environment? Or anyhow else?
Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:59 am
Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:16 pm
Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:17 am
Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:50 am
Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:52 am
Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:22 pm
Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:51 pm
VistaFirewallControl wrote:Following the video we executed the same steps precisely (on different Win10 edition/VM though).
The problem was reproduced twice during 15 reboots only. So very unstable.
After started playing with RamDisk options, i.e. HardDiskEmulation checked/remounted/unchecked/remounted (*), the next 15 reboots did not show any problem.
ProcExp access was successful after reboot.
The only recommendations left are
- do not start ProcExp immediately after reboot, let the firewall load itself in full, let the firewall show the tray icon for instance.
- put procexp to non-volatile writable folder. This prevents from creating temporary files principally.
- update RamDisk. v 3.8 is discontinued. Honestly it was even hard to find the exact version.
VistaFirewallControl wrote:The issue is actually very specific and compatibility related.
If you would like us to continue the investigations we would need more details for the reproduction
- do you have other portable (non system) drives connected/mounted to the system?
Maybe it's a detail preventing from the reproduction
- The entire your VM sent to us (if it's possible)
Please realize we do not decline the problem exist.
But in order to be helpful we need to see the problem not on a video only.
(*)We have no idea whether it could affect the problem, "After" does not mean "due to" obviously.
Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:12 pm
Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:29 pm