Welcome
Welcome to vistafirewallcontrol

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Bugs in beta versions

Bugs in beta versions

Postby Alice Springs » Sat May 13, 2017 8:50 pm

Is there a place to report bugs in beta versions? I am running 8.2.0.30 and occasionally it requires two clicks on the tray icon to bring up W10FC, but I don't know where to report this.
Alice Springs

Re: Bugs in beta versions

Postby VistaFirewallControl » Sun May 14, 2017 9:23 am

Thank you for reporting.

Is it stable or reproducible at least?

Actually tray icon is a "property" of Windows Explorer, not of W10FC.
W10FC just receives a message from Explorer (not a click directly) to bring up its interface.
There are some known issues of Explorer with the tray icons operability.
For instance, when W10FC inserts the icon on the startup, it has to make up to 10 attempts to install the icon.
Several initial attempts may be rejected by Explorer. Sometimes the first attempt is successful though.
Why Explorer rejects the attempts - Explorer knows only, probably it's busy with the other tasks
VistaFirewallControl
Site Admin

Postby Alice Springs » Sun May 14, 2017 12:57 pm

I am not sure what you mean by "Is it stable or reproducible at least?", but here is what I can tell you.

It has occurred perhaps half a dozen times since I installed 8.2.0.30 on 12 May 2017.
When I click on the icon, the blue light at the bottom is lit up like all the icons in the system tray regularly do.
I only click on the icon very occasionally, so I have no idea of what occurred since the previous time I clicked on it to cause this behavior.
Alice Springs

Postby VistaFirewallControl » Sun May 14, 2017 4:34 pm

Please give us a time to focus on the problem.
VistaFirewallControl
Site Admin

Postby Alice Springs » Sun May 14, 2017 4:50 pm

Will do.
Alice Springs

Postby VistaFirewallControl » Sun May 14, 2017 7:06 pm

Could you please try 8.2.0.31
sphinx-soft.com/download/prerelease/Windows10FirewallControlFree-Setup.exe

We would be (very positively, but though) surprised if it works.
We were unable to see the problem, so the modifications were made "blindly".
The only thing we can change is reacting on mouse key releasing instead of pressing.
It's the only thing that may affect the problem.

Actually most probably the same problem was with 8.2.0.29 on your machine.
There were no any related changes in 8.2.0.30

Please keep us informed.
VistaFirewallControl
Site Admin

Postby Alice Springs » Sun May 14, 2017 11:43 pm

I have just now installed 8.2.0.31. I will report back at once if the problem reoccurs.
Alice Springs

Postby Alice Springs » Mon May 15, 2017 1:40 am

The problem occurred again, but it is not reproducible.

I had been on the desktop where I opened and then closed W10FC. After that I opened the browser, came here, clicked on the tray icon and W10FC didn't open until I clicked a second time.

I went back to the desktop and repeated what I had just done. This time W10FC opened on the first click.
Alice Springs

Postby Alice Springs » Mon May 15, 2017 7:29 am

After I installed 8.2.0.31 and imported my previous settings, Allowed/Blocked no longer shows up in the Programs pane under Run. How do I correct this?
Last edited by Alice Springs on Mon May 15, 2017 2:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Alice Springs

Postby VistaFirewallControl » Mon May 15, 2017 9:40 am

>I went back to the desktop and repeated what I had just done. This time W10FC opened on the first click.

So it was the only accident?
How many icons you have in the tray? Maybe number of icons is the key.....

>Allowed/Blocked no longer shows up in the settings pane under Run. How do I correct this?

The columns update period is about 10 secs, so the events are not updated immediately. Events pane update is more prompt.
Also before the import all the settings are reset first, so the events have to happen before they would be displayed in the column.

In connection with your settings. Almost any application on your screenshot are set with EnableAll, so there is no sense to expect disabled events.
Allowed events are generally disabled for majority of your applications on per-application basis. So please alter the settings to Allowed events enabled. (if you do need allowed events if everything anyway is enabled by EnableAll)
Also allowed events maybe disabled globally as well via Settings/Disable Allowed events.
VistaFirewallControl
Site Admin

Next

Return to What is VistaFirewallControl, features