Welcome
Welcome to vistafirewallcontrol

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Changing "7" version to newest "8"

Changing "7" version to newest "8"

Postby Paradroid » Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:55 am

I have bought Windows 7 Firewall Control Plus, can I update my software and use the same licence with the newest version 8?
Paradroid

Re: Changing "7" version to newest "8"

Postby VistaFirewallControl » Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:22 am

The license is perpetual, but valid for purchased version only.
So to perform a major upgrade you would need to purchase a new license. The discount is available.
We have to mention that W7FC is compatible with Windows8 in full. W7FC just does not include several features available in W8FC only.
VistaFirewallControl
Site Admin

Postby Paradroid » Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:44 am

Should I take that - as when I'm not using Win8 - I don't really need that 8 version? at the moment? (I still have 7 Home)
Paradroid

Postby VistaFirewallControl » Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:01 am

The latest version includes many new features, Win8 and not-Win8 related.
The versions history is here the-latest-betas-releases-t6.html
So if you find the new features useful you should upgrade, if not you should stay with the existing version. It’s absolutely up to you.
If you have questions or doubts regarding the new features please do not hesitate to ask us.
VistaFirewallControl
Site Admin

Return to Installation/Deinstallation