Welcome
Welcome to vistafirewallcontrol

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Einsetzen does not work

Einsetzen does not work

Postby Infinito » Mon Dec 28, 2015 7:11 pm

Dear Sir or Madam,

your Windows 10 Firewall Control is gorgeous for using on 1 PC!!! So I decided to buy your network/cloud unlimited edition. The contact was [email protected]. Unfortunately I was not able to find a (pdf) user manual other than your homepage. I still have problems with some of the functionality:

1) Einsetzen does not work for clients with W10FC Agent installed. I tried to use the settings from my server pc and xml import, boes did not work. Manually selecting the client under "Programme" and editing the program rights works fine.
2) No PC with W10FC Agent installed is found under "Agenten" even if I click "Aktualisieren (F5)". I am using win7 clients with network configuration 10.16.1.1/255.240.0.0.
3) I am not able to install the agents remotely on any PC. File and printer sharing port is open and i can manually access \\client\admin$ and \\client\ipc$.
4) What exactly do the Status Flags Aktiviert / Ignoriert / Wartung / Löschen and "Einsatz erlauben" mean? I have manually set my clients to Aktiviert and "Einsatz erlauben".
5) Is it possible to use the W10FC Server on a test AND production system? I currently did not activate it on any.

Thanks for your great work!
I wish you a very good new year 2016!!!
Yours
Marco Rieger
Infinito

Re: Einsetzen does not work

Postby VistaFirewallControl » Mon Dec 28, 2015 8:19 pm

Dear Marco,

>Unfortunately I was not able to find a (pdf) user manual other than your homepage.
We have no a separate pdf manual. The local (CHM) help is textually equal to the site and located in the installation folder. The file can be downloaded separately
http://sphinx-soft.com/download/manual/ ... ontrol.chm (English)
http://sphinx-soft.com/download/manual/ ... rol-de.chm (German)

>1) Einsetzen does not work for clients with W10FC Agent installed. I tried to use the settings from my server pc and xml import, boes did not work. Manually selecting the client under "Programme" and editing the program rights works fine.

Unfortunately we were unable to determine your license by the email/name provided.
The Network/Cloud license may be for 3,10 and unlimited control points (agents potential installation destinations, remote computers you can control from the main product installation)
So if you have license for 3 control points (for instance) you will not be allowed to insert a 4-th,5-th (etc) agent into the agents pane. Could it be a reason?

Do you see the Edit Agent dialog after the manual agent insertion is invoked?
Do you set a valid agent PC name or agent IP address while trying to add an agent manually?

>2) No PC with W10FC Agent installed is found under "Agenten" even if I click "Aktualisieren (F5)". I am using win7 clients with network configuration 10.16.1.1/255.240.0.0.

The agent “detection” is based on the native system ability to discover the network neighborhood. Some network settings are required for that.
Actually if you see remote computers in the WindowsExplorer/Network you should see nearly the same list in the Agents pane.

>3) I am not able to install the agents remotely on any PC. File and printer sharing port is open and i can manually access \\client\admin$ and \\client\ipc$.

What is the message shown by WxFC for the agent?
Did not you omit checking “Agent Processing” on the Agents pane?
Did you set valid administrator password of the remote computer for the agent installation?

>4) What exactly do the Status Flags Aktiviert / Ignoriert / Wartung / Löschen and "Einsatz erlauben" mean?

Aktiviert – check the agent operability and install the agent on to the remote if possible
Ignoriert – do not operate with the agent ignoring its state/operability
Wartung – the agent installation in progress
Löschen – remove the agent if it was installed
Einsatz erlauben – enable agents all related operation, i.e instruct the program to reflect the applied agents statuses.

>I have manually set my clients to Aktiviert and "Einsatz erlauben".
It’s correct to install and start the agents related operations.

>5) Is it possible to use the W10FC Server on a test AND production system? I currently did not activate it on any.

Formally the license allows a single installation only. So you may not install the entire product concurrently using the same license. However the product trial is full functional, the trial period is unlimited. You will be just shown with the registration reminder (the nag screen) instead of some operational dialogs while using the unregistered product for a long time. Could it be a solution for your test system?

Happy New Year and looking forward to hear form you,
The Team
VistaFirewallControl
Site Admin

Return to Remote/Network/Cloud protection