Welcome
Welcome to vistafirewallcontrol

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Game Blocked after patch

Game Blocked after patch

Postby ror.schach » Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:25 pm

Hello,

I use VistaFirewallControl and I like it. But now I have a problem.

I play League of Legends - a Online Game.

One to three times a week it get an update and everytime it's blocked after this.

Is there a way to grant the permissions for updated version too?

Regards

ror.schach
ror.schach

Re: Game Blocked after patch

Postby VistaFirewallControl » Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:57 am

We have no information regarding the game mentioned unfortunately,

Is it web browser based only?
If there is a game client application, most probably you would need to add more permissions to the client or to the game updater (if there is a dedicated standalone updating application)

>Is there a way to grant the permissions for updated version too?

When W7FC blocks it displays blocking notifications. The notifications specify the blocking reason precisely. We would need the blocking notifications (screenshots) and other details (OS/W7FC bitness and version). Otherwise it would be hard to make a distinctive suggestion.
VistaFirewallControl
Site Admin

Postby ror.schach » Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:20 pm

Hello,

after next update I will post a screenshot of the notification window and all other informations u need.

Regards

ror.schach
ror.schach

Postby ror.schach » Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:58 pm

Hello,

today was an update.

League of Legends is a game client application.

First it starts "lollauncher.exe" and it was blocked - this patch the game if its needed. After patch it connects to PvP.net - a lobby to create a game.

When a game was created it starts "League of Legends.exe". Most time after patch W7FC blocks it too - but not today, maybe this file was not changed - so I can't add a screenshot.

I use Win7 64bit - W7FC 5.1.7.69

I hope this will help

Regards

ror.schach
ror.schach

Postby VistaFirewallControl » Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:57 pm

Unfortunately we do not know the application behavior in details. The details are known by the application developers only. There is almost no difference from W7FC point what exe is invoked or invoked another exe.
So the details are almost redundant.

We noticed however the (1) suffix.
Do you have duplicated/multiple entries of the same application?
If so
“Multiple app(1), app(2) etc entries in Programs list”
and
“Mutable (Web) Installer Helpers”
of http://sphinx-soft.com/Vista/faq.html should be helpful.

If the above does not help we would need more information beyond the application logic, i.e.
The application listing state and the blocked.log(*) (of the W7FC installation folder)
(*) You have Plus version installed. Correct? So the blocked.log file should be available.
The log accumulates the history, just inform us about when (time/date) the problem arose to find the correct place in the log.
The log can be privately sent to support [at] sphinx-soft [dot] com referring this thread.
VistaFirewallControl
Site Admin

Return to My App is blocked, What to do