Welcome
Welcome to vistafirewallcontrol

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

How can I tell if W8FC Plus is registered?

How can I tell if W8FC Plus is registered?

Postby jclarkw » Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:28 pm

I right-clicked the tray icon and selected "Register" to get the registration screen.
In step 2 I copied and pasted the "license code" from the e-mail I got after purchase. A "registration code" appeared in the box at step 4.
I clicked the "Register" button, and the screen disappeared.

But I see no indication that the registration was successful. There is no "registered to [name]" in any of the program tabs, and the "Register" option is still listed in the right-click list from the tray icon. Selecting "Register" again brings up the same registration screen with all boxes filled in... -- jclarkw
jclarkw

Re: How can I tell if W8FC Plus is registered?

Postby VistaFirewallControl » Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:41 am

It's by design.
The approach prevents from pointing hackers to where-to-hack place.
Attachments
moz-screenshot-17.png
moz-screenshot-17.png (27.51 KiB) Viewed 2422 times
VistaFirewallControl
Site Admin

Postby jclarkw » Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:20 pm

VistaFirewallControl wrote:It's by design.
The approach prevents from pointing hackers to where-to-hack place.

OK, sounds good. So you're saying I am registered. (Or if I'm not, I'll get nagged.) -- jclarkw
jclarkw

Postby VistaFirewallControl » Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:31 am

Exactly!
VistaFirewallControl
Site Admin

Postby jclarkw » Thu Dec 04, 2014 3:16 am

VistaFirewallControl wrote:Exactly!

Old thread, but I hope this gets noticed:

OPS! -- I had to replace the HD in my Windows 7 computer and restore everything verbatim from image backups. Now I'm periodically getting the "nag" box to register, although all the information is filled in (and I **was** registered). Simply clicking "register online" makes the "nag" box go away, but it keeps coming back after a while. I've even seen "blocked" balloons that imply my copy is not registered. What do I do to fix this? -- jclarkw
jclarkw

Postby VistaFirewallControl » Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:16 am

>What do I do to fix this?

Reregister with the same license (VFCR…..) code.

Actually the registration is bound to the hardware parameters. If the parameters are changed (implicitly(*) or explicitly) the reregistration is required.
(*) Sometimes backup restoration or WindowsUpdate may cause the hardware parameters changed. For instance WindowsUpdate may create a temporary partition of a significant size on your hard disk. As the result size of the existing partition is changed accordingly.

If you contact us after the reregistration we will be able to check the hardware ID (the 22…. serial number/installationID) generated/shown by the product and verify whether the reregistration was actually required.
VistaFirewallControl
Site Admin

Postby jclarkw » Thu Dec 04, 2014 3:00 pm

VistaFirewallControl wrote:>If you contact us after the reregistration we will be able to check the hardware ID (the 22…. serial number/installationID) generated/shown by the product and verify whether the reregistration was actually required.

OK, so I tried to re-register most recently yesterday (but also several previous times). I never received any e-mail reply with a new registration code, so I just clicked "register" with the same code that was already there.

Now how do I "contact [you]" to check this out? -- jclarkw
jclarkw

Postby VistaFirewallControl » Thu Dec 04, 2014 3:59 pm

>OK, so I tried to re-register most recently yesterday (but also several previous times). I never received any e-mail reply with a new registration code, so I just clicked "register" with the same code that was already there.

The registration code is set directly into the program, no-email confirmations should be expected of the online registration.
However we suspect you performed the registration incorrectly.
The register button just saves the registration code within the program. It does not initiate a registration procedure, i.e. does not try to obtain a new registration code (if any)
Clicking the Online button requests a registration code from our registration server.
You probably missed clicking the Online button.
Please follow the registration procedure precisely.

>Now how do I "contact [you]" to check this out? – jclarkw
In order to verify your registration on our registration server we have to know your license code.
The code can be identified by your e-mail used for the ordering or you can evidently provide us with your license code explicitly.
Unfortunately we are not able to find your license code by the name used in the forum. So we just do not know what license registrations to verify at the moment.
Please contact us via support [at] sphinx-soft [dot] com providing a way to identify your license.
We would be happy to trace your registrations and inform you on the results.

We have to mention once more that probably the genuine problem is in the incorrect/incomplete registration, i.e. in missed the Online click.
After clicking online most probably you will receive new (valid) registration code automatically.
VistaFirewallControl
Site Admin

Postby jclarkw » Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:53 pm

>>You performed several registration attempts for the same installation
yesterday.
All of the attempts were successful.<<

Thanks for your help. I'll try to execute the registration process correctly next time the need arises -- jclarkw
jclarkw

Return to Installation/Deinstallation