Welcome
Welcome to vistafirewallcontrol

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

How to not block loopbacks

How to not block loopbacks

Postby ibm650 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:20 pm

Address of form 127.x.x.x should not be blocked, it does not show anywhere, but I had to turn off firewall control (allow everything) to make my application work
ibm650

Re: How to not block loopbacks

Postby VistaFirewallControl » Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:23 pm

With the Free version you should use EnableAll zone to enable everything including loopback.
With the Plus (or above) versions you should add the loopback related enabling rule into zone application to application.
The rule is typically already added into almost any not-disabling default zone. So loopback is almost anytime included/enabled (excepting the DisableAll zone).
The rules are called LocalHost and LocalHostv6 (for IPv6 loopback). You can use the rules as samples to patch any custom/existing rule (of required) via the rules repository.
VistaFirewallControl
Site Admin

Return to My App is blocked, What to do