Welcome
Welcome to vistafirewallcontrol

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Password Log In Issue.

Password Log In Issue.

Postby Ultravires » Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:27 am

Hi, I have Windows 8 64bit as my OS and installed Windows7FirewallControl 5.2 configured it with a password lock; however, when i updated to Windows8FirewallControl 6.1, I am no longer able to log in to the Windows8FirewallControl panel using the same password i had previously set. I have tried uninstalling Windows8FirewallControl and reinstalling Windows7FirewallControl again and when i get prompted for the password, i am able to log in with the correct code. I have also tried disabling the password feature in Windows7FirewallControl than updating to Windows8FirewallControl, but for some reason it will still ask me for a password, even though i do not have one set. Is there any way i can fix this? Also this is the free version of Windows7 & 8 FirewallControl, i had installed.

Also is there a way to backup my configuration? If, so how can this be done. Thanks.
Ultravires

Re: Password Log In Issue.

Postby VistaFirewallControl » Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:41 am

We tried to reproduce the problem.
Actually password set with 5.2 (Windows7FirewallControl) is incompatible with 6.1 (Windows8FirwallControl). We will fix the problem as soon as possible. Sorry for the inconvenience.
However if the password is disabled in 5.2, after upgrade to 6.1, the 6.1 installation does not ask the password. So, unfortunately we re unable to reproduce the problem in full.

We would not like to disclose the way to reset the password publicly, so the instructions are sent via PM.

>Also is there a way to backup my configuration? If, so how can this be done.

Start/Programs/Windows8FirewallControl/Export Settings (to backup)
Start/Programs/Windows8FirewallControl/Import Settings (to restore)
VistaFirewallControl
Site Admin

Re: Password Log In Issue.

Postby VistaFirewallControl » Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:39 pm

Please use 6.1.9.53
post9.html
VistaFirewallControl
Site Admin

Return to Installation/Deinstallation