Welcome
Welcome to vistafirewallcontrol

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Prevent IP leakage on VPN disconnection

Prevent IP leakage on VPN disconnection

Postby erazer » Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:00 am

Hello

Could some please explain me how to configure W7FC that certain applications can only connect through my VPN connection and not through my real ISP? So, in case the VPN connection fails it should block the application instantly. There are some instructions for other firewalls but I didn't figure it out for W7FC.

Thanks in advance
erazer

Re: Prevent IP leakage on VPN disconnection

Postby VistaFirewallControl » Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:42 am

We are not sure the VPN only access can be enough for an application.
Most probably the application would require some local resources (as localhost, 127.0.0.1) available.
Anyway to enable VPN only for a particular application (Plus/Sever version required) you would have to create the following zone and apply the zone to the application.
The zone with a single enabling (Result=Enable) rule. The rule has to have a single VPN address IP range parameter. E.g 10.0.0.0/24 or so. The ip range must be known for you.
The range can be seen in the related adapter settings, check IP and mask of the VPN adapter please
ZoneResult =Disable ( disable all the rest communication)
VistaFirewallControl
Site Admin

Return to Remote/Network/Cloud protection