Welcome
Welcome to vistafirewallcontrol

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Feature Request: Menu Export / Import Firewall settings

Feature Request: Menu Export / Import Firewall settings

Postby MACK » Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:44 pm

First,
I am really enjoying using Firewall Control. And I appreciate the excellent support.

I recently noticed that to back up settings it requires to perform registry edits. (not to mention stopping the firewall control service etc...)
(This does not affect current firewall rules? )

anyway...
This is not very "user" friendly. And possibly could become a problem as it is not "Network / Cloud" friendly... does it require edits of all computer' registry in entire network?
Either way, tho, it would be much better to make this an automated method as opposed to manual registry edit by technician.

Could you add export / import firewall settings as a menu option?

So the overall request is: (for the Network / Cloud )
Menu Import / Export Firewall settings:
1. Per individual computer on network. (In case only 1 system needs to be recovered from backup)
2. All computers on Network.
MACK

Re: Feature Request: Menu Export / Import Firewall settings

Postby VistaFirewallControl » Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:05 am

>to back up settings it requires to perform registry edits.
>Could you add export / import firewall settings as a menu option?

Did not you miss Start/Programs/Windows7FirewallControl/Export-Import Settings

>Menu Import / Export Firewall settings:
1. Per individual computer on network. (In case only 1 system needs to be recovered from backup)
2. All computers on Network.

Will be discussed. However we expect that multiple remote computers (under the centralized control) are actually equally configured office/student computers. In that case there would be no need to backup/restore the computers individually.
We are planning the feature to monitor multiple computers against a single template and automatically “polish” the differences (if any). The feature will be available in the next minor update. Could the feature cover your needs?
VistaFirewallControl
Site Admin

[solved] Feature Request: Menu Export / Import Firewall sett

Postby MACK » Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:49 pm

"Did not you miss Start/Programs/Windows7FirewallControl/Export-Import Settings"

yes I missed that. I was expecting that to be in a File / Menu / Import ... or similar. Thanks for the info.

As I have a small network, it is not necessary (for me) to have remote setting Import / Export. However, for other larger networks it seems this would be very helpful.
MACK

Return to Remote/Network/Cloud protection