Welcome
Welcome to vistafirewallcontrol

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

"The Testing period is over"

The product edition for XP, 2003, 2000

"The Testing period is over"

Postby p11z » Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:13 am

Hi :-)

After I messed up my P7 / v7110 XP Tablet and did not use it for longer time, I finally had time to mirror a backup image back to the boot partition. It contains the W7FC XP-Edition 5.0.0.15 as betatest. The Registration seems to be invalid now. I even can not update to the latest beta. The register button gives "The Testing period is over".
In fact, I'd rather not invest any money in this tablet any more... but I could give feedback about the XP beta.

Is there a chance to continue testing the W7FC?

greetings,

p11z
p11z

Re: "The Testing period is over"

Postby VistaFirewallControl » Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:38 pm

5.0.0 has been already released. So all the testing licenses were discontinued.
Please try the latest 5.1.x beta. If you find a significant/reproducible/confirmed problem, we will fix the problem and will be happy to provide you a free 5.x license.
VistaFirewallControl
Site Admin

Postby p11z » Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:44 pm

Hi.
Now testing 5.1.7.69 XP, I've actually encountered a severe problem.
When I edit the settings for a program name in Programs tab, the registration popup comes up. So far this is expected behavior, even several times in sequence.
But if I click "close" every time on the pop up, the program name suddenly disappears from the Programs list! Actually there is no notification about the "internal" state of the programs rules, if it's "DisableAll" or what else. I can reproduce this behavior, it does not necessary happen always, but at a "random basis", that the entry on the list disappears.
Sometimes - not always - this leads to an "EnableAll" state, as the program (IE8 is verified in this case) can connect to web without being cought by W7FC and without being listed again.
ALG is disabled in services, and it is set to "DisableAll" in W7FC, so this backdoor is closed.
p11z

Postby VistaFirewallControl » Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:38 pm

Fixed. please try 5.1.12.73
VistaFirewallControl
Site Admin

Return to XP Edition