Welcome
Welcome to vistafirewallcontrol

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

How can I FORCE a clean install? when re-installing?

How can I FORCE a clean install? when re-installing?

Postby dipdoc » Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:26 am

I'm having problems on one of my systems that are firewall/rules related (everyting is OK when in enable all mode). Rather than manually reconfiguring the existing rules I want to reinstall VFC (latest version) and create 'fresh' rules. After de-installation and reboot VFC however 'sees' a preexisting install and keeps those settings when installing. How can I force VFC to ignore the deinstalled settings completely?
dipdoc

Re: How can I FORCE a clean install? when re-installing?

Postby VistaFirewallControl » Mon Dec 29, 2014 1:44 pm

Start/Programs/WindowsXFirewallControl/Uninstall should remove all the settings completely.
However requested (but missed) reboot may affect the situation.
If you inform us regarding the version that did not erase the settings on uninstallation (not upgrade via installing on-the-top) we could try to reproduce the problem.

All the settings can be deleted manually by deleting
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\sphinx-soft\Vista-Wall
and
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\sphinx-soft\Vista-Wall (on 64-bit systems, if any)
using native regedit.exe (the registry editor).
Immediate reboot (or the service restart(*) without reboot) has to be performed to reflect the registry changes.

(*)
- TrayIcon/RightClick/ClosePanel
- MyComputer/RightClick/Manage/ServicesAndApplications/Services/WindowsXFirewallControl, Click Stop
- MyComputer/RightClick/Manage/ServicesAndApplications/Services/WindowsXFirewallControl, Click Start (to launch the service back)
- Start/Programs/WidnowsXFirewallControl/WindowsXFirewallControl to launch the panel back manually
VistaFirewallControl
Site Admin

Return to Installation/Deinstallation