Welcome
Welcome to vistafirewallcontrol

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LAN+special Websites

LAN+special Websites

Postby nordi0 » Thu May 26, 2016 8:32 am

Until now I used for my windows explorer only drives on my PC. I had assigned LanOnly in the Windows 10 Firewall Control. I assigned an internet adress (ftp:) in my windows explorer. Now when I assign EnableAll I can access to this internet adress, asking for the user and password. When I assign FTPZone, LanFtpServer, Web+FtpZone, it's not possible to access from the windows explorer to the internet adress.

I would like to make an own Zone (LanMyWeb) from LanOnly and add my internet-adresses there. So I added a new rule, but the Host (ftp://...?) disappears when I call the subdialog again. So how do I add a rule for ftp: for the special internet-adress?
nordi0

Re: LAN+special Websites

Postby VistaFirewallControl » Thu May 26, 2016 11:09 am

>When I assign FTPZone, LanFtpServer, Web+FtpZone, it's not possible to access from the windows explorer to the internet adress.

LanFtpServer is hardly correct as it’s for LAN access only.
FTPZone/Web+FTPZone should be correct generally.
However if they do not work, please trace the blocking events.
The events texts are pretty descriptive and show what is not enough is in the current permissions.
If you have a doubt please send us blocked.log/access.log of the firewall installation folder(*).
We will be happy to assist you with choosing the correct rules set.

(*) How to
- set a preferred zone
- Settings/LogFile/Reset
- reproduce the problem (i.e. overblocking)
- send us the log.

>I would like to make an own Zone (LanMyWeb) from LanOnly and add my internet-adresses there. So I added a new rule, but the Host (ftp://...?) disappears when I call the subdialog again. So how do I add a rule for ftp: for the special internet-adress?

The rules can be added by IP address only in the current version.
So you have to put the ftp domain (only the domain name without an ftp prefix) into the Host field and click IPv4. It will convert the domain name to IP address. The IP address can be mutable so multiple per-IP settings may be required . (That’s why the predefined FTP related zones do not limit the expected communication with IPs).
VistaFirewallControl
Site Admin

Re: LAN+special Websites

Postby nordi0 » Sat May 28, 2016 4:28 pm

Thanks, I added rules for an own zone and it works.
nordi0

Return to Installation/Deinstallation