Welcome
Welcome to vistafirewallcontrol

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Port and IP restrictions only in Plus or Basic?

Port and IP restrictions only in Plus or Basic?

Postby pstein » Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:47 am

As far as I can see I can define (in Free version) only rules EnableAll or DisableAll.

So I cannot define a rule

"Enable current program for remote ports 80,8080, 443) and disable for all others"

Correct?

Similarly I cannot tell VFC to AUTOMATICALLY allow a conection of prgm myprog.exe to remote IP 123.123.123.123 but prompt me for action if
the program myprog.exe tries to connect to another remote IP?

Correct?

Which Version (Plus or Basic) can do this?

Is this possible at all?

Peter
pstein

Re: Port and IP restrictions only in Plus or Basic?

Postby VistaFirewallControl » Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:14 am

>As far as I can see I can define (in Free version) only rules EnableAll or DisableAll.

The Free version has some limitations indeed

>"Enable current program for remote ports 80,8080, 443) and disable for all others"

With Plus Edition you can create such zone from scratch or use/customize the predefined WebBrowserZone with nearly the same functionality.

>Similarly I cannot tell VFC to AUTOMATICALLY allow a conection of prgm myprog.exe to remote IP 123.123.123.123

Plus Edition allows Settings/DefaultZone customization, so adding 123.123.123.123 to the DefaultZone will enable _all_ the newly detected applications to 123.123.123.123 automatically, then you will receive "the new app detected" prompt and will be able to reconsider the default permissions.

>but prompt me for action if the program myprog.exe tries to connect to another remote IP?

Plus Edition allows that by setting ZoneResult of the application applied zone to “…..+Prompt” (generally “Disable+Prompt”)
We have to notice that composing a security zone by accumulating the used IPs is not the best practice, it’s feasible though.
VistaFirewallControl
Site Admin

Return to Specific behavior