Welcome
Welcome to vistafirewallcontrol

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Wish for two eventAddress columns

Wish for two eventAddress columns

Postby sp4096 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 4:23 am

I would really like to see two columns, one with LocalIP:port, second with RemoteIP:port.
The prevailing theory here seems to be that the local address is known. I don't think so.
When you need to nail some activity down, you may need to know whether it came from the ethernet adapter or the radio adapter. Each will have a different IP. And between router logs and firewall logs it's possible to muddle through when all is displayed.
This maybe old fashioned thinking on my part, but I cut my teeth on Kerio and Sunbelt on XP which always display those 4 points of data. I have trouble adjusting to not seeing all of it :(
sp4096

Re: Wish for two eventAddress columns

Postby VistaFirewallControl » Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:14 am

LocalPort is shown, not in a separate column, but shown (in brackets)
So we probably might discuss local address only.
Could you please clarify what kind of actions you would like to perform if local address is available as well.
We believed that all the adapters (if you have a set) are intended for external communication,
so the security policy is for external communication only anyway
Therefore there is a no a significant difference of what adapter was used for an external communication and filtering (and so displaying)
by local address is rather redundant
Please clarify the usage scenario.
VistaFirewallControl
Site Admin

Postby sp4096 » Sat Dec 10, 2016 3:43 am

When I recall why I needed it so much, I'll be back. It had to do with something was connecting under one IP but not another. And I had then no way to reconstruct which IP since it wasn't shown.
sp4096

Postby VistaFirewallControl » Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:38 am

Welcome.
Understanding the usage scenario better we could do a better implementation.
VistaFirewallControl
Site Admin

Return to Specific behavior