Welcome
Welcome to vistafirewallcontrol

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Wish: show 2 zones side by side

Wish: show 2 zones side by side

Postby sp4096 » Sun Feb 12, 2017 3:50 am

Would it be possible on the Zones tab to select two or more zones side-by-side? So I can quickly check two copies I might have made. Or the original and a copy.
sp4096

Re: Wish: show 2 zones side by side

Postby VistaFirewallControl » Sun Feb 12, 2017 1:48 pm

The direct option does not exist at the moment, but it makes sense, so will be scheduled.
For now you can use tooltips automatically shown when you hover mouse over a zone.
The tooltip shows the entire zone content so you can review a zone promptly.
FYI: the best practice is naming the zone/rules to reflect their meaning strictly.
If the zones/rules are named understandably you would not need to compare “similar” but different zones.
VistaFirewallControl
Site Admin

Re: Wish: show 2 zones side by side

Postby sp4096 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:22 am

Thanks for a quick weekend reply.
Yes, naming the zone is important, It's just when trialing something, I get sloppy.
Looking forward to this addition. Tooltip way is ok, but it vanishes quickly.
sp4096

Return to What is VistaFirewallControl, features