Welcome
Welcome to vistafirewallcontrol

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Bugs in beta versions

Re: Bugs in beta versions

Postby Alice Springs » Mon May 15, 2017 12:50 pm

I have found the problem and corrected it. It was caused by one of the settings which I have now changed.

My sincerest apologies for having wasted your valuable time.
Alice Springs
 
Posts: 45
Joined: Wed May 10, 2017 10:59 am

Re: Bugs in beta versions

Postby Alice Springs » Mon May 15, 2017 12:57 pm

>>This time W10FC opened on the first click.
>So it was the only accident?
No, it has happened several times.
Alice Springs
 
Posts: 45
Joined: Wed May 10, 2017 10:59 am

Re: Bugs in beta versions

Postby Alice Springs » Mon May 15, 2017 4:10 pm

UPDATE

>I have found the problem and corrected it. It was caused by one of the settings which I have now changed.

The setting which I changed was "Disable 'Allowed Events'" in the Settings panel, which I changed from checked to unchecked.

But after I exported the new settings, rechecked "Disable 'Allowed Events'" in the Settings panel, logged off, logged back on, opened W10FC and imported the settings which I had just exported "Disable 'Allowed Events'" remained checked.

Can you reproduce these results?
Alice Springs
 
Posts: 45
Joined: Wed May 10, 2017 10:59 am

Re: Bugs in beta versions

Postby VistaFirewallControl » Mon May 15, 2017 6:10 pm

>>This time W10FC opened on the first click.
>>So it was the only accident?
>No, it has happened several times.

The problem still remains?
How many icons you have in the tray? Maybe number of icons is the key.....
Should we investigate the problem deeper?

>But after I exported the new settings, rechecked "Disable 'Allowed Events'" in the Settings panel, logged off, logged back on, opened W10FC and imported the settings which I had just exported "Disable 'Allowed Events'" remained checked.

Settings/Disable Allowed in not included in the exported data, and is not changed on import.
Import/Export are intended to save application permissions related settings only, not the entire settings.
Including all the settings (i.e. per-user and UI settings) may confuse the users while exporting data from one user and importing the settings back for another user.
So the import/export affects applications (global) permissions only.
VistaFirewallControl
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1493
Joined: Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:25 am

Re: Bugs in beta versions

Postby Alice Springs » Mon May 15, 2017 6:56 pm

>Settings/Disable Allowed is not included in the exported data, and is not changed on import.
>Import/Export are intended to save application permissions related settings only, not the entire settings.
Thank you for explaining this.

>Including all the settings (i.e. per-user and UI settings) may confuse the users while exporting data from one user and importing the settings back for another user.
>So the import/export affects applications (global) permissions only.
I understand.



>The problem still remains?
Yes.

>How many icons you have in the tray? Maybe number of icons is the key.....
Normally there are four, but if there is something plugged into any of the USB slots the number is five. (The other icon is Safe to Remove Hardware, which is set to "Show icon and notifications".)

>Should we investigate the problem deeper?
No. First, the problem appears to be non-reproducible (or, at least, I have been unable to find a set of operations which always causes it to occur). Second, since a second click works if the first click doesn't, it hardly seems worthwhile to spend more time on it.



Thank you, again, for all your help.
Alice Springs
 
Posts: 45
Joined: Wed May 10, 2017 10:59 am

Re: Bugs in beta versions

Postby VistaFirewallControl » Mon May 15, 2017 8:34 pm

>No. First, the problem appears to be non-reproducible (or, at least, I have been unable to find a >set of operations which always causes it to occur). Second, since a second click works if the >first click doesn't, it hardly seems worthwhile to spend more time on it.

Maybe the hint is "slow" clicking, i.e. not pressing and releasing the mouse button immediately, but keeping the button pressed (down) for a half of second or a second.


>Thank you, again, for all your help.

Welcome
VistaFirewallControl
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1493
Joined: Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:25 am

Re: Bugs in beta versions

Postby Alice Springs » Mon May 15, 2017 9:16 pm

>Maybe the hint is "slow" clicking, i.e. not pressing and releasing the mouse button immediately, but keeping the button pressed (down) for a half of second or a second.
I'll give it a try.
Alice Springs
 
Posts: 45
Joined: Wed May 10, 2017 10:59 am

Re: Bugs in beta versions

Postby Alice Springs » Wed May 17, 2017 2:57 pm

My programs which are in the EnableAll zone and have "Disable 'Events Notification' balloon" and "Disable 'Allowed Events'" checked have always
— shown the green bar in the Programs pane if "Disable 'Allowed Events'" is unchecked in the Settings pane
not shown the green bar in the Programs pane if "Disable 'Allowed Events'" is checked in the Settings pane

Is this the expected behavior?
Alice Springs
 
Posts: 45
Joined: Wed May 10, 2017 10:59 am

Re: Bugs in beta versions

Postby VistaFirewallControl » Wed May 17, 2017 7:39 pm

Disable 'Events Notification' balloon- disables the popup only. So its not events related, it's detection prompt related.

>Is this the expected behavior?

Correct.

Settings/DisableAllowed disables allowed globally. Technically it disables even gathering allowed events from the system.

Per-application DisableAllowed means disabling allowed in the (yellow) notification balloon + Events pane + logfile (access.log).
The per-app statistics will be still gathered.
VistaFirewallControl
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1493
Joined: Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:25 am

Re: Bugs in beta versions

Postby Alice Springs » Wed May 17, 2017 8:09 pm

Thank you.
Alice Springs
 
Posts: 45
Joined: Wed May 10, 2017 10:59 am

Previous

Return to What is VistaFirewallControl, features

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

cron
suspicion-preferred