Welcome
Welcome to vistafirewallcontrol

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Crashplan?

Crashplan?

Postby barkster » Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:11 am

I can't seem to get crashplan to work, says cannot connect to backup engine. I've set the backup engine and crashplan to enable all but still won't work. I even reset app and tried again still no go? Any ideas? Thanks

barkster

Re: Crashplan?

Postby VistaFirewallControl » Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:17 pm

When WxFC blocks a network activity it shows notification balloon, writes the event to access.log and adds the event to the Events pane.
All of them are pretty descriptive and show what was blocked and the blocking reason.
So tracing the events you can find the over blocking mistakenly made and reconsider the permissions.

Any program can initiate network connections in the name of other application/service. So the application/service has to be enabled enough as well.
Could it be the disabled Bonjour Service is the reason.

Please run CrachPlan again and check the blocked events, if there is something required but blocked you will see the event and then you will be able to reconsider the permissions.
VistaFirewallControl
Site Admin

Return to My App is blocked, What to do