Welcome
Welcome to vistafirewallcontrol

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Event Logging?

Event Logging?

Postby mblain » Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:23 pm

Does the free version create a log of event notifications? I've seen a couple notifications pop up in yellow (tooltip-style) too quickly for me to read, and I'd like to double-check them.
mblain

Re: Event Logging?

Postby VistaFirewallControl » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:04 am

The free version does not create neither log files nor event notifications producing blocked notification balloon you saw only.
The blocking notification are shown during 5 secs after the blocking event happened, so reproducing the connectivity problem you can re-check the blocking messages text (if any)

We will consider the notification appearance time adjustable though.
VistaFirewallControl
Site Admin

Postby VistaFirewallControl » Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:22 pm

Please check 3.3.12
http://vistafirewallcontrol.freeforums.org/the-latest-betas-releases-t6.html#p9
for the notifications appearance time adjustable (the control panel restart is required to reflect the changes)
VistaFirewallControl
Site Admin

Postby mblain » Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:15 pm

Thanks for the impressively-quick response, including a beta version with an adjustable delay. Since logging is a premium feature I may head in that direction instead.
mblain

Return to Free vs. Plus -- VFC vs. Windows built-in firewall