Welcome
Welcome to vistafirewallcontrol

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

problem to run on network clients

Re: problem to run on network clients

Postby Petrocelli » Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:16 pm

VistaFirewallControl wrote:>
Hope you waited enough for a result (2-4 mins at least) and have “agent processing” (the Agents pane) checked.

Yes, I did. It changed nothing, until yet.

For ADMIN$ or IPC$?

I think I did it false. I put in my user name.
When I tried it with ADMIN$, the Error 67 came.

We will try to provide you with a special diagnostic tool tomorrow.
For now we suspect the following.
The WMI based remote bitness detection is significantly delayed because WMI service (Winmgmt/ Windows Management Instrumentation) is not running on the remote machine or is blocked by WindowsFirewall.
Could you temporarily switch WindowsFirewall off for the experiment? Or switch WindowsFirewall logs to verify whether there were any blocks from W7FC running host?

I tried it with the firewalls off on our machines and in our router.

As the result W7FC cycles for a long time waiting for the remote WMI response.
Please verify and stay tuned for the diagnostic tool.
Petrocelli

Postby VistaFirewallControl » Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:52 pm

Sorry for the delay, we will be back with the diagnostic tool as soon as possible.
Error 67 means
"The network name cannot be found."
So probably the command line was specified incorrectly.
Obviously if the network name does not exist there will be no chance to install the agent to the host.
You could try by IP specification.
Note: in "net use" you must specify a user name of the remote machine. The operation must be authorized on the remote machine, not the local one
VistaFirewallControl
Site Admin

Postby Petrocelli » Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:53 am

I still try to make it run. The WMI adapter is started. Now I restarted our Server and PC "Atlantis" always change between "Maintaining" an "Enabled". "Net use" is now successfully working. But there is always the message "connection not possible".
Petrocelli

Postby VistaFirewallControl » Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:46 pm

VistaFirewallControl
Site Admin

Postby Petrocelli » Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:39 pm

I installed it and the software installed the service and the user on "Atlantis" and the other Win7 and Server 2008 clients. Then all Win7 clients and Server 2008 clients were not seen anymore in the network. I deinstalled it, but there was no more access to the network clients.
Now I checked the clients and saw that the network settings, recognition and enabling were switched off at the clients.

Now the network is ok again, but now I have fear to install it again because of the problems.
Petrocelli

Postby VistaFirewallControl » Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:36 am

>were not seen anymore in the network

Could you please specify what exactly you tried and was blocked.
There is a reason to expect the behavior was correct, but just unexpected to you.
For instance, the agents (exactly as the main installation) blocks any _initial_ access attempt and sets the default zone (from settings) to detected applications immediately. Then the applications follow the zone.
The zone set (by default) to the remote agents is enabling, so you should just retry the connection.
The exception is HostProcess, the set by default zone for HostProcess is special and may not allow RemoteDesktop (for instance).
Anyway, even the remote is blocked (not seen as you said, we still would like to realize the details), it’s accessible from the main W7FC panel and you can tune all the remote permissions manually (including the default zone and enabling remote desktop)

Also the Networks pane includes the rules for all the agents/clients. The rules are distributed automatically to all Enabled agents. So the Networks should not include any meaningful connection limitations.

>I have fear to install

Please specify the details, we will definitely be assisting you.
For the period you can set the agent to a single remote only. The agent may affect the host it’s installed on only.
VistaFirewallControl
Site Admin

Postby Petrocelli » Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:03 pm

I will try it once more. But the problem is to try it during the work time. My colleagues must work and therefore I must try it in another time.
I will test it then only with the server and my PC.
Petrocelli

Postby VistaFirewallControl » Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:10 pm

The product is installed on the server?
If so you should experiment from the server console directly.
Otherwise, if you are on a remote connection to the server and the server installs the agents to your PC, you can definitely be blocked on the initial (first only) access to anywhere.

Looking forward for your questions
VistaFirewallControl
Site Admin

Postby Petrocelli » Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:32 pm

The product was installed on the server. But after the problems yesterday I deinstalled it first. When it is installed I use a remote connection to the server.
Petrocelli

Postby VistaFirewallControl » Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:44 pm

So most probably you were just "scared" by the side effect.
There is a reason to try on a "safe" architecture, just to gather the personal experience.
BTW everything can be tried on your PC solely with a virtual machine.
For instance, install W7FC on your PC and the agent on the VM, you will be able to try everything safely
VistaFirewallControl
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Remote/Network/Cloud protection