Welcome
Welcome to vistafirewallcontrol

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Purchasing Problems (Again)

Purchasing Problems (Again)

Postby jclarkw » Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:57 pm

I'm trying to buy two copies of upgrades from W8FC to W10FC. I've had problems with Digital River purchases before, so it wasn't much of a surprise when I got as far as entering my credit card number and clicking next. I then stared at a blank screen for 10 minutes or so before giving up and closing the browser. Of course there was no confirming e-mail after 30 min or more. How am I supposed to order your software?

This time I went in through IE11 (as opposed to my usual FireFox with NoScript, etc., plugins in hopes of avoiding previous problems, but to no avail. What do I do now?

Two uncertainties: It's not clear whether 1) one can get an upgrade price on two different copies in the same purchase, so I opted to purchase them one at a time. This apparently means that 2) I cannot get the volume discount as well. Was that your intention with regard to simultaneous upgrade and volume discounts? -- jclarkw

P.S. -- I looked back through my e-mail files and found that this is the third time (at least!) that I've tried and failed to make an on-line purchase through Digital River. I have again sent a message to their customer service, but now I have to wait until tomorrow, and perhaps next week, before being able to upgrade your software. You really should find another order handler. These guys are the worst! -- jclarkw
jclarkw

Re: Purchasing Problems (Again)

Postby VistaFirewallControl » Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:25 am

>This time I went in through IE11 (as opposed to my usual FireFox with NoScript, etc., plugins in hopes of avoiding previous problems, but to no avail. What do I do now?

Script blocking (especially NoScript) may cause the problem as the checkout page actually uses javascript. The page belongs to DigitalRiver (one of the biggest world e-dealers) solely, we are not able to make any modifications to the page.
The solution is enabling javascript, refreshing the page and (sometimes, with Noscript for instance) clearing the browser cache. Noscript is tricky enough. Even you disabled Noscript, the browser still refreshes the page from the cache. The latter is pure NoScript effect.

>Two uncertainties: It's not clear whether 1) one can get an upgrade price on two different copies in the same purchase, so I opted to purchase them one at a time.

If you would like to upgrade 2+ copies at once and get volume and upgrade discounts at once,
you would have to contact us for a special volume upgrade coupon.

>This apparently means that 2) I cannot get the volume discount as well. Was that your intention with regard to simultaneous upgrade and volume discounts?

It’s a specific of DigitalRiver (DR). DR does not allow using 2+ coupons at once.
We are working on a workaround. Sorry for the inconvenience.

PS
If you sent us a similar request recently (from pelase.no.email@...... address) please read our answer.
FYI Your e-mail server rejects our messages to you, we had to use a temporary (not monitored) address ....@yahoo.com unfortunately.
VistaFirewallControl
Site Admin

Postby SPS » Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:25 am

I haven't had problems like that myself. Normally I would get a discount code from the previous version(s) then pay without any issues.
SPS

Postby jclarkw » Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:58 pm

VistaFirewallControl wrote:...If you would like to upgrade 2+ copies at once and get volume and upgrade discounts at once,
you would have to contact us for a special volume upgrade coupon
...FYI Your e-mail server rejects our messages to you, we had to use a temporary (not monitored) address ....@yahoo.com unfortunately.

What is your normal e-mail server so I can fix this e-mail blockage?

Yes, I received the special coupon code that you sent and will try it with Digital River if I can ever get through to them Thanks! -- jclarkw
jclarkw

Postby VistaFirewallControl » Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:08 pm

VistaFirewallControl
Site Admin

Postby jclarkw » Fri Jun 05, 2015 5:07 pm

VistaFirewallControl wrote:Maybe, if you have a proper access......
We received
-------------
Mail delivery failed: returning message to sender
[email protected]
host mx2.comcast.net [68.87.20.5]
SMTP error from remote mail server after initial connection:
554 resimta-ch2-09v.sys.comcast.net comcast 198.38.82.127 Comcast block for spam. Please see http://postmaster.comcast.net/smtp-erro ... p#BL000000
---------
xxxxxx.xx.xxxx hides your e-mail from public

The Bad News: I don't know from what host name you were sending to me. I assumed your source IP address to be 198.38.82.127, as reported in the error message above. (Oddly, when I look up this IP address, it appears to belong to host name, "mocha3011.mochahost.com," although looking up "sphinx-soft.com" gives me the same IP address. I don't know what this might mean, but I suppose it could be the source of the problem...)

1) I checked my own e-mail filters and verified that you are not on my blocked list. (Neither is sphinx-soft.com, nor any other URL I could guess might be the source of your message.)

2) I spoke to the security department of my e-mail provider (comcast.net). After considerable time and effort I got them to admit that 198.38.82.127 is being blocked by their internal spam filters because other e-mail customers have reported it as a source of spam. They say that there is nothing I can do to change this. The only way is for your e-mail administrator to submit to them the form found at postmaster.comcast.net/block-removal-request.html, as explained in the link at http://postmaster.comcast.net/smtp-erro ... p#BL000000. I hope this helps.

The Good News: I succeeded in purchasing the desired upgrades by telephone to the US office of Share-It!, so my immediate problem is resolved (until the next upgrade attempt). -- jclarkw
jclarkw

Postby VistaFirewallControl » Fri Jun 05, 2015 5:32 pm

>The Bad News: I don't know from what URL you were sending to me. Assuming your source IP address to be 198.38.82.127,

It can’t be an URL. It’s IP of our (blocked by Comcast) e-mail server

>1) I checked my own e-mail filters and verified that you are not on my blocked list. (Neither is sphinx-soft.com, nor any other URL I could guess might be the source of your message.)

We were blocked by Comcast, not by you

>2) I spoke to the security department of my e-mail provider (comcast.net). After considerable time and effort I got them to admit that 198.38.82.127 is being blocked by their internal spam filters because other e-mail customers have reported it as a source of spam.

198.38.82.127 is the address provided by a hosting company we use for the hosting. Most probably there is a big set of sites shared the IP, anyway the address does not belong to sphinx-soft.com solely.

>They say that there is nothing I can do to change this.

Unfortunately, as expected

>The only way is for your e-mail administrator to submit to them the form found at postmaster.comcast.net/block-removal-request.html, as explained in the link at http://postmaster.comcast.net/smtp-erro ... p#BL000000. I hope this helps.

Typically it is a way to waste time. If Comcast had a complaint or use a public blacklist (based on third party (unverified) complaints), comcast will “protect” their users.
The only way to change the behavior is migrating our mail server to a different hosting company with potential risk of a new complaint of a similar reason.
Even purchasing a dedicated IP would not solve the problem. Nobody knows whether the IP belonged to another "subject of complaints".

The only way to move forward (for you) is stopping the use of Free mail servers where blacklisting does not belong to you, but belongs to a "careful" provider.
However we have a stable communication "as is". Such efforts are not required.
VistaFirewallControl
Site Admin

Postby jclarkw » Fri Jun 05, 2015 8:08 pm

>>However we have a stable communication "as is". Such efforts are not required.<<

Yes, your message through Yahoo worked fine, and the forum is very useful. Thanks! -- jclarkw
jclarkw

Postby Editor » Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:56 pm

SPS wrote:I haven't had problems like that myself. Normally I would get a discount code from the previous version(s) then pay without any issues.

My recent purchase went ok. The only issue was that it took a LONG time for DR to respond. It was more than a minute and maybe up to two mins. In todays' age, that kind of delay (describes as "it's STUCK") signals trouble.

-Ed
Editor

Return to What is VistaFirewallControl, features