Welcome
Welcome to vistafirewallcontrol

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Signing SW

Signing SW

Postby PietO » Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:16 pm

today i had to clean an infected PC from my neighbour (running McAfee internet security). To get a rootkit removed a choose to use TDSSkiller from Kaspersky. Most unfortunately, the W7FC-service was marked as potential danger as it was not signed. Refer to elder discussion on this subject which i could not trace back (was related to a Sysinternals Utility if i remember correctly), so i'm sorry to start a new thread.

In general i would recommend for your security related software to get a formal signing from . . . . if it's not too expensive. For me personally it's no issue as i'm aware of this fact.
PietO

Re: Signing SW

Postby VistaFirewallControl » Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:36 am

We have a plan to start signing all our products in the nearest feature.
VistaFirewallControl
Site Admin

Re: Signing SW

Postby PietO » Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:38 pm

VistaFirewallControl wrote:We have a plan to start signing all our products in the nearest feature.

Would be nice to get the V5 W7FC also signed and not only the newest releases (upgrade to V6 is not required in many cases)

Anyhow: the signing by Sphinx Software will increase the confidence in your sw for new users.
PietO

Return to Installation/Deinstallation