Welcome
Welcome to vistafirewallcontrol

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Windows 10 Facebook App blocked in free version of wfc

Windows 10 Facebook App blocked in free version of wfc

Postby robwinxp » Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:07 am

the windows 10 facebook app is blocked (will not load) with the free version of windows firewall control installed, with windows firewall completely off and windows firewall service stopped. winuapentry.exe is enable all. if i uninstall the windows 10 firewall control application the facebook app functions normally. verified this on multiple windows 10 computers, same results windows firewall control uninstalled then the app opens and functions normally. I have created an inbound connection rule in wf also and that had no effect when wfc is running along side wf. At a loss, none of my other apps or programs has any issues, been using wfc for years with no problems.
robwinxp

Re: Windows 10 Facebook App blocked in free version of wfc

Postby VistaFirewallControl » Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:53 am

Please try to temporary switch to TrayIcon/RightClick/Mode:EnableAll.
The mode switches the firewall off entirely.
If the problem remains under Mode:EnableAll the firewall is probably not involved and we will continue searching for the genuine problem beyond the firewall.
If the problem remain under Mode:Normal only, the problem is in the incorrect permissions nearly for sure.
There are two facts you should be aware of.
- Sometimes program utilizes network activity from other programs and services, so enabling a program itself only may be not enough. Proper permissions for other programs/services may be required as well.
- Every initial (unlisted yet) application network access attempt is blocked, after that the application will be detected listed. So the application should retry the network connection attempt. Typically applications are able to retry automatically. However we can’t exclude an application should be restarted _forcibly_ (the previous instance may require forcible terminating)

In the both cases we recommend the following scenario.
Start the program and trace the blocked events (via the balloon or Events pane).
If you see something required was overblocked, there is a reason to reconsider the related permissions.
If you have some troubles analyzing the blocked events, please make Settings/LogFile/Reset, then perform the scenario above and then send us (to support [at] sphinx-soft [dot] com, referring the thread] the access.log file form the installation folder.
We would be happy assisting you to set proper permissions.
VistaFirewallControl
Site Admin

Postby robwinxp » Mon Dec 05, 2016 12:18 pm

Attempted the mode:enableall - problem still persists
uninstalled wfc - problem clears up
problem is in wf blocking incoming connections when wfc is present / when wfc not present no problems
i believe the problem is in the way wfc free handles system properties when pertaining to the facebook app as no other metro apps have this problem that i currently use

2016:12:05|06:10:32|Blocked|1|IPv4 TCP 127.0.0.1:58751(58750)|winuapentry.exe|WindowsFirewall: Block Inbound Default Rule Incoming|C:\program files\windowsapps\facebook.facebook_71.684.7263.0_x86__8xx8rvfyw5nnt\winuapentry.exe

i see the log states it is a wf problem but when wfc is uninstalled the program works fine with wf enabled with the same rule set, i have not blocked any apps within wfc to test that and makes no difference, all system are set to enabled per wfc free setup.
robwinxp

Postby VistaFirewallControl » Mon Dec 05, 2016 12:45 pm

>problem is in wf blocking incoming connections when wfc is present / when wfc not present no problems

WF is actually a smart entity and able to manage its rules dynamically.

>i believe the problem is in the way wfc free handles system properties when pertaining to the facebook app as no other metro apps have this problem that i currently use

Rather WF checks the WxFC presence and manages the rules.
WxFC does not touch WF at all.

>2016:12:05|06:10:32|Blocked|1|IPv4 TCP 127.0.0.1:58751(58750)|winuapentry.exe|WindowsFirewall: Block Inbound Default Rule Incoming|C:\program files\windowsapps\facebook.facebook_71.684.7263.0_x86__8xx8rvfyw5nnt\winuapentry.exe

As displayed, the block is made by WF (“WindowsFirewall:” substring presence)

What to do.
WF has a policy to block all inbound connections that were not evidently enabled. ( "Block Inbound Default Rule" is the strict policy dependent hidden WF rule)
So please
- change the WF policy (with WindowsFirewall with Advanced security pane)
Or
- insert evident permission for winuapentry.exe in WF.

Looking forward to hear from you
VistaFirewallControl
Site Admin

Postby robwinxp » Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:35 pm

made the winuapentry.exe rule allow in wf (both incoming and outgoing) and that did not resolve the issue. I appreciate the assistance on this issue. I am at a loss as to what to do, I have never had a problem with any other app or program in as long as I have been using wfc. this app is the only one that will not connect until I uninstall wfc. I know the problem is with wf but the issue does not present itself until wfc is installed, that is what is annoying me, the app works perfectly until wfc is installed and I cannot figure out what is happening that is making this app in particular stop functioning
robwinxp

Postby VistaFirewallControl » Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:51 pm

>made the winuapentry.exe rule allow in wf (both incoming and outgoing) and that did not resolve the issue.

What is the blocking event now?
It something is blocked the event is shown, its data is typically very descriptive.

>I appreciate the assistance on this issue. I am at a loss as to what to do, I have never had a problem with any other app or program in as long as I have been using wfc. this app is the only one that will not connect until I uninstall wfc.

It’s probably the only that uses incoming (the area of WF interest) connections

What is the blocking event now?
VistaFirewallControl
Site Admin

Postby robwinxp » Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:00 pm

with the wf rules in place and enable all in wfc still showing

2016:12:05|11:51:19|Blocked|1|IPv4 TCP 127.0.0.1:53863(53862)|winuapentry.exe|WindowsFirewall: Block Inbound Default Rule Incoming|C:\program files\windowsapps\facebook.facebook_71.684.7263.0_x86__8xx8rvfyw5nnt\winuapentry.exe
robwinxp

Postby robwinxp » Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:28 pm

the problem is that when wfc is uninstalled the app works fine with wf in place and with the custom rules in place, that is what is so strange
robwinxp

Postby VistaFirewallControl » Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:31 pm

>made the winuapentry.exe rule allow in wf (both incoming and outgoing)

The rule is stil there? as active? in correct profile?
What's about changing the WF policy. The rule is inserted accordingly to the policy.

We will try to reproduce tomorrow. Please stay tuned.
VistaFirewallControl
Site Admin

Postby robwinxp » Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:33 pm

thank you very much
robwinxp

Next

Return to My App is blocked, What to do