Welcome
Welcome to vistafirewallcontrol

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Zone "Update Guard"

Zone "Update Guard"

Postby dagon4 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:15 am

Good day.

Could you tell me? Sometimes after loading Windows I notice that Windows 10 Firewall Controll blocks the connection for svchost.exe using zone "Update Guard". But I do not have such a zone and a plus for the svchost.exe I use own making zone. Why is this happening?
dagon4

Re: Zone "Update Guard"

Postby sp4096 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 4:49 pm

This might help you - page 39 - start reading posts on January 1, it's explained there
the-latest-betas-releases-t6-380.html
sp4096

Re: Zone "Update Guard"

Postby VistaFirewallControl » Sun Feb 12, 2017 1:39 pm

Update guard is a special rule inserted for a short period to keep the rules consistency.
For instance, on the system (and the firewall service) start and on the settings import, the firewall starts updating the rules in volume. During that (typically very short, < 1 sec) period, the rules may be inconsistent, so the Update Guard (blocking rule) is automatically inserted to make sure that no leaks are possible. After the related procedure ends the rule is removed immediately.
When an application reveals a network activity during the period, it’s blocked by Update Guard rule.
VistaFirewallControl
Site Admin

Return to What is VistaFirewallControl, features